Second Bangkok International Airport (Suvarnnabhumi Airport) is located at Nong Ngu Hao about 30 km. south-east of Bangkok. Thai Airways International Public Co., Ltd. (THAI) planed to construct the Cargo and Mail Commercial Services Project on the land area of 624,000 m2 in the vicinity of Suvarnabhumi Airport. It will provide services for import and export goods and chartered services to both for domestic and worldwide countries.
The operation function will consist:
• Domestic Cargo: most transport by its airline
• International Cargo: transport by its airline and other 60 international airlines.
The construction of cargo terminal and related facilities consist of Cargo Terminal Building and Cargo Agent Building, Custom Office and other related offices, and information system.
International Cargo Building located on Customs Free Zone, can accommodate international cargo of 1,226,000 ton/year. The building functions consist of:
• A 4-storey building consisting of 6 alliance airline offices, floor area of 20,000 m2 and 60 international airline offices.
• Other services area consisting of conventional room, canteen, food court, training room, nursing room, etc., and reserve area and
• A service quarter building with a total floor area of 103,000 m2 .
Domestic Cargo Building (15,000 m2) located outside Custom Free Zone can accommodate domestic cargo of 119,800 ton/year. The building function consists is:
• Receiving and delivery
• Meeting hall
• Multi-purpose area, and
• Reserved area